Hollywood is Perhaps Not Calling
It's Atacama Alpaca from Little Knits and it is shades of purple (what looks like fuschia in the photo is really a rich violet), 100% alpaca, hand dyed (as opposed to foot dyed, I suspect) and imported from Chile. I adore it and will commence to thinking about possible projects for it once I've stopped rolling around in it. This may be awhile.
I also spent some time this morning prowling restlessly....er...waiting patiently....something like that anyway--for the computer which Mr. K apparently thinks he has a right to because it belongs to him and he has important stuff like jobhunting to do on it. Go figure. Some of you may recall that his company was sold last year and, since the purchasing company shut it down, he is now officially "preemployed". There are those who suggested that it might be a bit of an adjustment having both of us suddenly home together a lot. No, no. Remember that guy who said that you learn everything you need to know in kindergarten? Really, if you remember the rules you learned even earlier, as a toddler, you'll be just fine. For instance:
1. I had it first.
2. I didn't have it first, but I wanted it first.
3. You walked away, so I can have it.
4. You've had it all da-ay! (stretch out the word "day" by whining, and it will make sense. Those of you with toddlers, you know.)
5. You're a big poopyhead.
As adults, we can also add in layers of deviousness that mere children cannot hope to achieve, such as:
1. Honey, come downstairs if you want fresh cookies! Oh, look. You walked away from the computer. Guess I can have it.
2. This little black lacey thing? Oh, just something I threw on. Why don't you go wait for me and I'll be right in......
3. I think there might be a raccoon in your shop...you should go check.
4. I just heard on the radio that they're giving away free gift cards to the next 100 people to walk into Home Depot--what are you waiting for??
5. Is it bad if black smoke is pouring out from under the car....?
6. Did you want me to let you know if a tree falls on your truck?
7. Hey, look! A special on TV entitled "The History of Naked Breasts".
8. Huh. Looks like someone just left all those shiney new tools just laying there out in the street.
9. You were right. Cleaning in the nude really IS more fun.
10. Don't worry...I'm pretty sure the strange smell downstairs isn't gas. Do you feel dizzy at all?
11. You're a big poopyhead. (It's hard to argue with the classics.)
At present, Mr. K is out running a few errands. I'm trying to caluculate how long before he is likely to realize that I'm giving him a 150 item shopping list one item at a day in order to get computer time.