The Life and Times of Florence Knitingale

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Nature Shrugged

I am at the local library, watching the clock as I will be unceremoniously tossed off if I'm on here too long. You may have heard about our storm--it was ugly indeed. We lost one very large tree (completely uprooted but amazingly, it fell in such a way as to damage nothing), several small ones (again, no damage) and the very tops of two very very tall ones. The top 20 feet of one of them came down on my car, denting the hood but otherwise causing no damage. We were lucky. Hugely, hugely lucky.

We have no power at all and haven't since Thursday night; Puget Sound Energy assures us that we will have it in another 2 - 3 days....or maybe 5 or so...probably. But it's good. We survived, the cats survived, the house survived, and we have an indoor gas stove that is keeping the living room (also known at present as "where we are living all day and night when we're not picking up fallen branches in the yard") toasty.

All of which goes to say that we are well and safe and haven't dropped off the planet. I will be posting again as soon as we have power, but I didn't want you all to think I'd disappeared. (Although, as I was picking up the first of many tons of fallen evergreen branches, I did start to think I'd been buried in green...and not the fun kind you can buy stuff with).

Once again, I'm missing all of you.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    Whew.....I can breathe again...hang in there, glad you're able to stay warm, that you and Mr.K and all the Kittingales are in good shape, safe, and sound...you still have your home intact..and I'm so betting that you're glad you're such a wool pig..wool=warm
    love you

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goodness! Please take care 'til the power comes back on -- I'm very glad that you all came through it so well.

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said…

    I was wondering about you Ms. K. We were spared the worst of that storm, but Victoria and Vancouver got hit, but I don't think it was as bad as Washington State. What did we West Coasters do to perturb the weather gods? Could it be that the east folk friends and relatives got tired of our going on and on about our wonderful winter mildness and they intervened? Let's hope that the spell is soon over!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Faren said…

    Glad to hear from you, I too have wondered if you and yours were ok ever since I heard about the storm. Thanks for letting us know. Try to keep warm and know that we are still thinking about you!

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank-God you are safe ,that sounds very nasty.I will miss you and your wonderful posts.Holly ,Jeff and angie sending good wishes.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like it was really nasty - I can't belive you found the time to get out to the library to post for us. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you all weathered the storm ok, and found time to let us know too, stay cosy till the powers back on, hope it doesn't take too long!

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tag, you are "it" (well, one of 6 "its", to be specific). See my blog for the meme.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to hear you are okay! i'll miss you tonight, but have a very wonderful, magical holiday.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Charity said…

    SO glad to hear you're okay... I was hoping all was well. :0)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home