The Life and Times of Florence Knitingale

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Couldn't Wait....

It's crazy o'clock in the morning and I don't have the time for a proper post...but I have the patience of a 3-year-old on Christmas Eve and had to stop and quickly show you this picture:


Mother Teresa once said that "it's not how much you do, but how much love you put into the doing". Whether you made one square or 40, you did this. I hope this makes you cry like it did me...I still can't look at it without getting teary!
At last count, 115 squares. 65 to go. For some reason, I have no doubt at all that we'll make it.
I'll write more tonight, with pics of the 5 newest squares (thanks Jo and Pat!) and the names of the recipients of the cookies and the koigu.
I'm starting to sound like one of those really irritating news shows, aren't I?--you know, the ones were Ms. Perpetually Chipper gazes smilingly into the camera and says something like "Are the salads in your supermarket harboring a deadly bacteria? We'll find out! But first, is your pet psychic? Here with the answer....."
Love you all. SO MUCH.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GORGEOUS!!! Wowsa... Oh yeah; leaking here. Simply wonderful, Ms. K. Everyone? You all rock hard!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it is beautiful. sorry i missed last night, i be back next week with a couple more squares!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Joanna said…

    Looks fabulous, brilliant to see them all coming together, look what you started, and I'm just glad my small offering have arrived there safe and well. x

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Tola said…

    ive got to weave in ends on a square done by a novice knitter (i hadnt taught her how to russian join, which i was intending on doing before she snatched the square away from me) and then i can mail our five squares.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger KimK said…

    We love you, too!!!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Faren said…

    ack! I better finish my squares up and get them mailed before you cut us off! I have 3 done, one on the needles and maybe enough yarn for one more. Need to hurry!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Ms.K..it's just totally heartwarming..it does make me teary..I have 1 more complete and I will try to get that in the mail this week..I'm not surprised this has happened so quickly because there is just 'sumpin' special about the bond of knitters..thanks again~

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said…

    The blanket looks great!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home