The Life and Times of Florence Knitingale

Monday, October 22, 2007

Fast Fly By

Which is to say that the weekend mysteriously got away from me and now I have about minus 5 minutes to get on the exercise bike so I won't be late for work. I promise to write more tomorrow about the weekend (What bright, shiny new thing was purchased for Ms.K's comfort and brought home yesterday via trailer? How long did it take Mr. K to decide on it? Why did Ms. K come to the conclusion that all salesmen should be shot on sight? These and other answers when we return tomorrow to "As Ms K's World Turns").

BUT, I did want to show you what Childe did:


With the 6 that Marianne just sent to me (but aren't here yet for me to photograph--rest assured, I will), I believe this brings us to 176 of the 180 needed. (What wonderful prize is in store for whomever sends me number 180? Tune in tomorrow...)

This is what I did:

When not at Sears wondering if salesmen eat their own young. It still needs to be edged (the blankie, not the salesman) but I think it's awfully pretty.

Finally, since I have no humor of my own to offer you this fine Monday morning, I offer the work of a cartoonist from my local paper:

Why this made me laugh so hard, I don't know. It probably says something slightly disturbing about me.

Keep on knitting, and learn from the above: stay away from Sears on weekends, and always keep your shell on.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blankets are looking great!!! Hope you have gotten my last squares.

    Peggy {Georgia}

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said…

    Lovely new squares. How exciting that you are almost there.

    So that is how they hold their shells on. I always wondered. LOL

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger KimK said…

    Tee hee... snail heinie...

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I try to stay away from Sears on any day!

    Love the cartoon!

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I woke up my cat when I Guffah-ed at the cartoon! Love it, love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home