The Life and Times of Florence Knitingale

Monday, May 14, 2007

Just a Quick Moment of Horror

I tried to warn you, didn't I? Yes, indeed, this is the from one of the newer scrubs catalogues, those purveyors of yet another addiction in my life (I won't tell you how many sets of scrubs I own but, suffice it to say, if handknit scrubs ever become in vogue, I may never have time to leave the house again). I'm not entirely sure what this look is saying (other than "urp"); perhaps something along the lines of "Dr. Jones, he's our man--if he can't do it, NO ONE CAN!!!" or "This is why cheerleaders shouldn't have access to the meds closet". If this woman is not attempting to rally the squad around her as she performs some sort of nasty task in a painfully perky fashion, then she is thinking murderous thoughts about the agent who booked her for this damned catalogue shoot, and wishing she'd had the foresight to hold a pom-pom in front of her face so she never has to explain this. Did I mention it has matching pants (the scrub top, not the poor woman's face)?
Really, uniform designers. We try so hard to keep medical folk from doing drugs......you're not helping.
Must run to Knit for Life, but I wanted to share this so I don't have flashbacks alone. I'm a cruel woman.
By the way, I love you all more than I can say. I was so delighted and suprised to find how many of you were glad to see me back. I think I had fallen into that "I'm not good enough so I'm going to go eat worms" thing. You guys are much better than worms.
Another by the way, you'll be pleased to know that I did not purchase the cheerleader-on-drugs scrubs. However, it is possible that a Pepe Le Pew in love scrub top may have mysteriously appeared in my cart. And maybe the Tweety one, too. Crap. I obviously can't blame wool fumes for this one.....maybe it's brain damage from having my hair pulled back too tightly all day?
I'll write more tomorrow, after another edifying morning with Malibu Barbie and the man with the velcro genitals (bet you'll be back to read tomorrow, won't you?).

11 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    Seriously folks, you ARE going to want to hear all about it!
    I'm betting Ms. Barbie ordered the cheerleader scrubs! (urp is right)

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Peg-woolinmysoup said…

    You haven't lost it Ms. K. if you left this particular uniform alone - even with pom poms to hide her face, the uniform is still not doing anything for her!
    I'll be back, you count on it!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kit said…

    As a rule, scrubs tend to make me want to spork my eyes out anyways but that is the WORST thing I've ever seen in my life!

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    O.M.G ..Marriane just told me ..well blogged me or something.

    "Welcome back" Holly and angie xx

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger ccr in MA said…

    Well, I would have come back tomorrow anyway, but yeah, you do know how to tease a reader!

    To quote my word verification word, waxufzqo? I think that expresses my feelings quite well, actually.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Joanna said…

    I want cheer-leader scrubs ra ra rahhhhh! I really do, I think I'll look grrrreat and then I can cheer you back into the world of blog, nightingales and knitingales also have the sweetest songs to sing and we're all glad to hear yours!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Kitty Mommy said…

    Oh ick. The Pepe LePew and Tweety Bird ones sound cute though! I tried to talk Kitty Daddy into some cute scrubs when he was wearing them for work, but he was navy tops and navy pants all the way...pretty boring on laundry day!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    That picture is why my sister sews all her scrub tops herself. But I don't think she has come across any Pepe material yet. Can't wait for tomorrows entry.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dana said…

    Remember that old episode of the Brady Bunch where the six kids win a silver platter for Carol? I think they called themselves the "Silver Platters." Well, that uniform reminded me of their stage costume. Who wouldn't be delighted to dress like that? LMBO. Welcome back Flo!!

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    You are holding me captive once again..keep up your blogging..We love you and missed you!!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome Back!

    I was so excited to see you were back (thanks marianne) I actually called my mom to tell her (she does not blog and now possibly thinks I'm more cracked than she thought before)
    Great socks, scary scrubs, can't wait for the next post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home