47 Things About Me
1. FIRST NAME? Why, Florence, of course
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope, not a soul
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? The day I found out that they changed the deadline for nursing school application and it was absolutely the final piece of straw on the dromedary.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sadly, I write like a 3rd grader. A not particularly skilled 3rd grader.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Smoked turkey, hands down
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Tough one, that. Maybe. I think I might annoy myself, though, because I’m a terrible perfectionist.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Just this blog.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I do, but I’m missing a gall bladder, an appendix, and my middle turbinates (a sinus thing). If you see them, please contact me at once.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Are you on crack?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Granola, of course. Seeing as how it is absolutely the most fattening cereal in the entire world. It makes perfect sense that I would find the one cereal that can and will end up securely on my butt.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes, on the rare occasions that I wear shoes with ties. I tend to have the philosophy that Laura Bennet on Project Runway has: at 41, it’s an easy downhill slide to sweatpants and a mini-van. Unlike her, I WILL wear jeans, but I also wear blazers and boots most often in the cooler months.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I think I am extremely strong emotionally. I lift weights but I’m still not as strong as I’d like physically.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I don’t eat it often because I fear an inability to stop before eating enough to fill an Olympic swimming pool….but, when I do, I love Cookies and Cream or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (there’s a health food trend here, do you see it?).
14. SHOE SIZE? 8 ½….but I’ll go to a 9 in boots. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Steel Magnolias when Dolly Parton, responding to the same question, replies “Oh, I wear a 6—but a 7 feels so good I buy an 8.”
15. RED OR PINK? Absolutely
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I am stubborn beyond all reason….as Mr. K will probably attest. I’m half Irish and half Dutch, though, so I think I come by it honestly.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My baby brother died in infancy when I was a child….I often wish I gotten to see him grow up.
18 DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Only if you wish me to send a plague of fruit flies to you.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Dark jeans, burgundy button-up shirt, burgundy tweed blazer, brown leather boots.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Oh, man. A handful of peanut-butter filled pretzels. It is very tempting to say it was something healthy…..like salad and a glass of seltzer. If I ever say that, though, be assured that I am lying through my teeth...and my chocolate bar.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the computer.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I don’t remember the names of the colors all that well….not a pastel, certainly. Maybe pine green—sort of a deep shade that’s reminiscent of something earthy and wild.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Mr. K’s neck when he comes in from outside.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A receptionist at a doctor’s office who was quite disinterestedly telling me that I will need to wait 6 weeks for an appointment….the results of which I’m supposed to give to the referring doc in 6 weeks. Why do I want to work in the medical system again?
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Hands.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I don’t know her, but I suspect that I would like her. I discovered her blog today after she commented on mine, and I loved her comment.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Caffeine free diet pepsi mixed half and half with diet cherry soda. Really—it tastes just like Diet Dr. Pepper, only no caffeine. Yeah…I know. I need to get out more.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Bicycling
29. EYE COLOR? Dark brown, sort of mahogany. My mother always called them “cow-pie brown”….can’t imagine why I disliked my eye color for so long…..
30. HAT SIZE? About the same size as my head.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Not since I had Lasik in 1999.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Depends on my mood, but I’m pretty much always up for Mexican food.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Neither, really. I like movies that offer something unexpected. I do like scary if it’s thriller as opposed to slasher.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter over summer, but fall is my favorite.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, please.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? My mother’s chocolate mint pie. That stuff is so rich you can hear your arteries slamming shut as you eat it.
37. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? If you mean takes it and puts it in their own blog, I think Marianne might, on account of she loves me.....
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have absolutely no idea, although Jo in Ireland seems pretty swamped right now.
39. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Basic Statistics, Psychology of Human Development, Anatomy and Physiology. I so wish I was reading something—anything—for pleasure.
40. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Just my mouse and my hand.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? CSI. I wanted to stay up for ER, but I have the staying power of a 6 year old when it comes to late nights.
42. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Mr. K’s laugh, cat purring, knitting needles clicking.
43. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
44. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? West Germany
45. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I find writing comes easily to me, although most of my friends know me as The Baking Goddess. Okay, not really. I made up the Goddess part….but only because they haven’t thought of it yet.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Our Little Company of Mary Hospital in Covena California.
47. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I got it from Lynn at The Ravelled Sleave.