The Life and Times of Florence Knitingale

Friday, September 01, 2006

How Cool is THIS??

Is this an amazing find or what? It's a vintage set of interchangeable needles....I don't know exactly how vintage, but they look to be 1950's or 1960's, and they're in perfect condition. Amazingly, the 15 sets of tips go all the way down to size 2, which I've never seen in a set like this. Notice the vintage virgin wool in the corner--I scored six balls of that at a thrift store and found out later that it was made around World War I. Yep, I meant to put a I and not a II. It's that old, but in perfect condition. Now I get to make a shawl with vintage yarn on vintage needles.....I so love vintage things (yeah, that's a newsflash). Anyhow, a shoutout to Sharon B, the wonderful lady who sold them to me (thanks, Sharon--you rock!) Should you find yourself on e-bay, tempted to purchase from a seller with the name "only1mom", rest assured that you are in good hands. Sharon will take good care of you.

I went to the new knitting group last night. There are just three of us so far, but it was a great time. Both of the other ladies are bright, engaging, and fun. I admit that the pomotamus sock made absolutely no more progress (I may have to seal myself in a soundproof room if I ever expect to finish the damned things), but Hubby's toe-up socks with cables are progressing apace:


Yep, I actually wandered around the yard taking pictures of partially completed socks. It's a good thing the neighbors already think I might possibly be a whackjob! Anyway, the group was a blast, and our founder is hoping to find a couple more knitters to join us. If you're a knitter on Seattle's Eastside, and would like to join us on the last Thursday of each month, drop me a line in the comments. I'll get you hooked up.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love vintage stuff too, and you snagged yourself some very very cool stuff.
    (yeah, I'm a wee bit jealous)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home